Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Come 2019!

Come 2019 and my thoughts ramble on to how the past ten years have hurtled towards 2020 - another 365 days and we'll be there! At the turn of another decade ambitious resolutions made to be broken take center stage as you realize its easier broken then kept. I for one don't believe in resolutions - New Year or any other kind, because resolutions are just 'rules' you impose upon yourself and name it 'resolution' to make it sound fancy. Aquarians are cool like that, they don't wanna be stifled, canned or fitted into boxes. They like to colour outside the lines, burn their own paths, create their own trails and admit only to themselves that they got lost on purpose only to 'find themselves'.

So yeah come 2019 I'm here grateful that the hurtling decade that I just survived has not snuffed me out just yet. My (all be it) burgeoning body paths have only led to a fictional prosperity that I am yet to lay my arthritic hands on. Come to think of it that 'where do you see yourself 10 years from now' question still remains a googly. Ten years ago....what was I even thinking??.. only Facebook brings up memories I now faintly recollect. Where do I see myself in another decade?? Who knows. The truth is in the end that we are where we are meant to be at every moment of our lives. So then all you may ever sensibly resolve to do is to live in the present, let go of the past and dream up a better future. For “To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter… to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring – these are some of the rewards of the simple life.”  ~John Burroughs

Till my next ramble this is what I resolve to do. Keep it simple, subtle and spontaneous!


No comments:

Post a Comment