Saturday, March 17, 2012

Be Yourself, Be Happy, Be Blessed, Be The Best!

Most often I have found myself looking at the wealth of talent around me and subconsciously comparing my strengths with people I meet. In the almost 40 years I've lived, I've been good at many things and yet there have been times when I've not been quite good enough in my own eyes! Over the years I have consciously weaned myself away from comparing my lot in life, my situations, my achievements, who I am with peers, colleagues, friends....all & sundry. And yet the subconscious pulls constantly towards doing just that.

Until recently I thought I was the only one having to deal with an over comparative subconscious, however I did realize there were others who also dealt with the similar predicament. This struck me when a friend commented: ' I really wish I had your youthful looks ya, how d you manage to look the same as you did when we used to hang out years ago'! We got talking & that's when it really hit me, Eureka! There were others on the planet who also had over comparative subconscious's that looked at my life, situations, achievements and compared these with their own. To all such and to myself I say : Be yourself, Be Happy, Be Blessed, Be The Best! You can only be what you are created to be - Unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment